We have all experienced fatigue or excessive “low” feeling at some point in our lives. Regular work pressures, excessive stress, unhealthy lifestyles, pollution, and weakened immune systems are some of the common reasons for physical weakness. A healthy immune system can defeat pathogens, and bacteria and also protect us from getting affected by viruses and parasites. an Ayurvedic Immune Support what all you need.
Ayurveda emphasizes a holistic approach to boosting our health and well-being. It believes “Ojas” or vigor is the source of all essential energy, body strength, vitality, and immunity in the human body. When this “Ojas” gets imbalanced due to several factors like unhealthy diet, sedentary lifestyles, stress levels, trauma, and anxiety, our immune system gets affected also.
Here are some of the best Ayurvedic Immune Supporting herbs and tips to revitalize your immune system:
- Triphala: Various studies have shown that Triphala detoxifies our body by eliminating harmful toxins. It is loaded with the antioxidative properties of three fruits –Amla, Haritaki, and Bhibitaki. Thus it contains the rejuvenating effect to support our immune system.
- Guduchi: It can fight against germs and infections and prevent chronic diseases. Rich in alkaloids, terpenoids, lignans, and steroids, the herb boosts the production of white blood cells and prevents infections. Known as an immunomodulator, Giloy or Guduchi is also effective for auto-immune diseases.
- Amlaki: Loaded with cytoprotective properties, Amla promotes the production of white blood cells and fights against germs and infections. It also increases metabolism and enhances digestive health.
- Neem: The detoxifying properties of Neem are beneficial for purifying blood and by cleansing the blood and removing the toxins the herb helps restore our immune system. It is also effective in pacifying the common cold and cough.
- Ginger: Having anti-inflammatory properties like Gingerol, Ginger prevents chronic inflammation. It is also loaded with antioxidants and antimicrobial compounds that help combat free radicals in the body and prevent cell damage.
- Turmeric: The herb is excellent in improving digestion and promoting healthy intestinal flora. The anti-inflammatory compound curcumin present in the herb helps reduce inflammation and enhances innate immunity.
- Manjistha: The herb is loaded with antioxidant properties and it helps reduce oxidative stress and unwanted body heat. It acts as a blood purifier and naturally aids in cleansing our liver, and kidneys.
Besides taking the Ayurveda Immune Support, one may follow some additional tips to enjoy better health and well-being.
- Eat a balanced diet and smaller meals maintaining 3-4 hours of intervals.
- Follow a consistent daily routine (in Ayurvedic terms- Dinacharya) that includes oil pulling, self-massage, etc.
- Indulge in stress reduction techniques like meditation, pranayama, and yoga for at least 30 minutes a day.
- One may try Ayurvedic detoxification practices like Panchakarma which removes bodily toxins to support a robust immune system.
- Getting proper sleep is very necessary because it boosts the bodily mechanisms to defend against infections and diseases.
It is essential to stay consistent while using Ayurvedic Immune Support to enjoy health to the fullest. It is proven that the traditional practices of Ayurveda defend against several diseases by restoring our Ojas or vigor and strengthening our immune system naturally.